A Beginner’s Guide On How To Meditate with Crystals – Everything you need to know!
Countries and cultures have used crystals for thousands of years for various practices. Whether for meditation, healing purposes, decorations, or worn as jewelry, crystals have been around for centuries, and their influence continues to increase. Experts claim that crystals can help in redirecting focus and raising consciousness and awareness. Thus, these attributes make them excellent for meditation. Reaping the health and wellness benefits of crystals does not come so easy. To maximize the effectiveness, you need to incorporate certain measures in your meditation. Hence, we will be walking through the ultimate guide on how to meditate with crystals.
Benefits of Using Crystals
Before we dive into the various methods and directions on using crystals, it is important to consider the importance of crystals in your meditating routine. Just like us, crystals have energy. Our surroundings can be positively affected by their energy as it is more grounded and stable. Consequently, this has a beneficial impact on our physical health. Each crystal and its types have a different frequency of vibration. By including these crystals in your meditation, you can experience different sensations because of the flow of energy and vibrations.
Sensations can include positive feelings such as:
- Being aware of your consciousness as crystals help in disconnecting you from the physical world.
- Crystals can help in relaxing and relieving stress.
- The healing properties of crystals can assist in purifying and restoring energy in both our mind and body.
- Meditating with crystals can be an intimate and unearthly experience. Users can experience very strong emotions during this time. These positive emotions can change the user’s outlook and make them more open and receptive.
- Crystals help the user understand and gain access to the information of their spirit and body. Thus, they allow you to be in control of your energy.
How to Meditate with Crystals?
Even if you are a seasoned meditator or are new to the practice, crystals can be used by all. Experienced meditators can use crystals by easily incorporating them in various ways in their preexisting meditation routine.
Choosing a Crystal
The first step is to consider which crystals to use for your meditation. Mother Nature has gifted us with many mineral stones and crystals, and each crystal has its unique properties and abilities. Hence, you should be mindful of what you want to achieve through meditation before including crystals in your routine.
Normally, experts advise that you research before investing in crystals and incorporating them into your meditation routine. You can select the right crystals that align with your meditative objectives and aspirations by doing minimum research. However, you can be naturally inclined towards certain crystals too.
Experts encourage the intuitive approach as your energy can align with the crystals. Moreover, your intuition knows more than your mind. Hence, being drawn towards a crystal is your intuition’s calling to meditate with that crystal specifically, which can enhance your meditation experience.
Nevertheless, research is the best route to take if you do not find yourself naturally drawn towards a crystal. For meditation, the various crystals to select from are:
- Clear Quartz: This crystal is ideal if you feel out of balance and increase your energy. It consists of master healing’ properties that help to realign all your chakras in your mind and body.
- Citrine: Citrine is popularly called the stone of manifestation. It aids you in focusing your energy on your aspirations.
- Amethyst: An Amethyst can help in relieving stress and promoting inner peace and wellness. Moreover, it provides protection, which is ideal if you are experiencing nightmares or insomnia.
- Black Tourmaline: This crystal is associated with removing negative energy and improving your mindset.
- Smoky Quartz: This crystal is used for grounding purposes if you feel too distracted from the physical world.
- Red Crystals: These crystals are perfect for unblocking the root chakra
Ways to Meditate with Crystals
After selecting your desired crystals and cleansing them with sunlight, moonlight, or burning sage, various methods to meditate with crystals.
One of the methods is to establish a physical connection with the crystal by holding them in your hand. It is essential to hold the crystal in the opposite hand you eat as it is the most receptive. This allows your energy to match with the energy and vibrations of the crystal and feel its effects. However, other methodologies also exist such as:
1. Placing Crystals on Your Body
Your chakra points are where most of your energy is centered and where you can tap into your physical and spiritual self. You can heal yourself by placing the crystal on your chakra point or on the body part that requires healing. Furthermore, by placing crystals on your body, you can also create a spiritual connection as it helps to open up your intuition.
2. Creating an Energy Circle
If you don’t want to be in physical contact with your crystals, you can also benefit from their energy by creating an energy field. You can place the different crystals in a circle. By doing this, you will allow yourself to be surrounded by the energy of the crystals. However, instead of creating a circle, you can place crystals on either side of you and the front and back.
3. Wearing Crystals
You can wear crystals as ornaments and jewelry, similar to holding them while meditating. You can carry them as necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, etc. They can be just as effective as you can focus on their vibrations and tap into their aura that helps to tune in to the energy.
Crystals are a great tool to include in your meditation routine, which enhances your experience. Crystals focus on achieving the inner wellness that can help you thrive in the physical world while providing you spiritual satisfaction. You need to focus on the crystals by concentrating on their shape, color, texture, and energy to reap their benefits. Moreover, you have to align your breathing with the vibrations that you are experiencing from the crystals. If you are a beginner looking into starting crystal meditation, this article has you covered how to meditate with crystals.