One of the most influential fitness trends and a natural healing approach for the body, intermittent fasting revolves around alternate cycles of eating and fasting. It is the process of restraining oneself from indulging in eating at an irregular period of time. The most pivotal question that crosses the mind of a person trying out intermittent fasting for the first time is “how to break an intermittent fast.”
There are different methods of practicing intermittent fasting. The most popular method is the 16:8 method where the body is voluntarily kept in a fasting state for 16 hours and an 8-hour window is allowed for eating. There is no hard and fast rule to determine the hours when one is required to alternate between fasting and eating.
Fasting has been in practice since the Paleolithic period so our bodies are designed in a way where it is able to convert the stored food into energy, at times of scarcity.
Intermitted fasting is practiced for numerous reasons and benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Aids weight loss.
- It lowers sugar levels.
- It helps in providing mental clarity.
- It lowers the risk of diabetes and heart-related diseases.
- Gives a boost of energy to the body.
How to Break an Intermittent Fast?
It is important for the fasters to understand the basic methodologies behind “how to break an intermittent fast”, due to which much concern has been given to this topic. It brings an intensive routine change into the faster’s daily life, so, in order to yield the maximum benefits out of the fast, here are a few ways on how to break an intermittent fast:
- The faster must ensure to keep themselves hydrated with copious amounts of water throughout the day.
- The fast should be broken preferably with some fresh cut fruits or vegetables, followed by a meal, an hour later.
- The meal should be made out of healthy forms of fat such as olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, and more.
- The meal should be high in protein and also provide enough carbs to the body.
- Bone broths or vegetable soups can be taken.
- A big bowl of salad with leafy vegetables, some form of protein, and dressing can be consumed.
- The food should be able to easily get digested by the body.
- Different forms of nuts and seeds like chia seeds and almonds are always a good option.
- Fast food, high in carbs and saturated fats should be avoided.
- Heavy consumption of alcoholic beverages should be completely avoided.
Over the course of time, many people have documented their experience with intermittent fasting and how it has been a successful course of action in the long run. Along with health benefits, they are also inculcated into the daily routines of many people due to spiritual reasons. To have a worthwhile experience with intermittent fasting, it is highly crucial for people to understand how to break an intermittent fast to get the desired results.
Leave a Reply